Click here for tuition fees indicator 2016-2017
A distinction is made between statutory tuition fees and institutional tuition fees. Only if you satisfy all statutory requirements regarding your nationality and if you have not yet been awarded a degree, will you be eligible for statutory tuition fees. Via the Tuition Fees Wizard, you can secure an indication of the type of tuition fees that will be applicable in your situation. To do so, please make use of the above-mentioned link.
Distinctions are made between the following types of Institutional Tuition Fees:
• Low institutional tuition fees
• High institutional tuition fees
These different types of tuition fees and the Exemption Regulations are fully detailed in the
The amount to be paid may vary in accordance with the following situations:
• If you have enrolled in more than one course programme (at Fontys and/or elsewhere), it is possible that you may only be obliged to pay one set of statutory tuition fees.
• If you believe that you may be eligible to pay only the statutory tuition fees on the basis of information that may be unknown to us, please report this to your Course Department.
• If it later transpires that you do not meet the requirements for statutory tuition fees, you will be obliged to pay the (higher) institutional tuition fees and if this is the case, you will be notified accordingly.
If paying in instalments
Collection will take place in a maximum of nine equal instalments on or around the 27th of the month, with the exception of the first direct debit on 11 September. Depending upon the processing time required after your enrolment, the direct debit may need to be moved to the following month. If so, the amount outstanding will then be divided and added to the remaining instalments to be executed until and including the May instalment.
Please note: In relation to the paying in instalments facility, an Administration Fee amounting to EUR 24.00 per Academic Year will be payable. This fee will be debited to your account together with the first instalment payable.
If paying the full sum in a single payment
If you commence your studies on 1 September, the direct debit pertaining to your Tuition Fees will be executed on or around 11 September. If you commence your studies after 1 September, the direct debit will be executed on or around the 27th of the month in which you commence your studies.
Please note:If you have submitted your ‘Request for Enrolment’ after the date upon which the last direct debit was to be executed (i.e. on or around 27 May 2017), payment of the full sum in a single payment will be the only option possible.
In all cases (i.e. paying in instalments or in a single payment), prior to the execution of each direct debit, you will be sent a message in which you will be advised of the exact date upon which the direct debit is to be executed.