Swiss-European Mobility Programme (SEMP)
Switzerland is not a partner in the Erasmus+ Programme, but it does have a similar programme for students coming to and departing from Switzerland.
At this page you will find in short information about how to obtain a scholarship from the Swiss fund.
Funding for Study Abroad in Switzerland:
- Students can complete an exchange at a partner higher education institution in Switzerland of up to 12 months per study cycle (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate). These visits are recognised for the studies at their own university.
- Students who wish to come to Switzerland submit an application with their host university in Switzerland. Contact the international office of this university to learn more about the selection process and all SEMP documents (Application documents, Learning Agreement, Grant Agreement etc.). All of this is provided by the host institution in Switzerland.
- The grant is also paid by the host university of higher education in Switzerland.
Funding for internships in Switzerland:
- Students can complete a traineeship / internship in an enterprise or other suitable workplace abroad of minimum 2 months (60 days) and maximum 12 months per study cycle (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate).
- For traineeships in Switzerland the funding options are more complicated: Movetia can only work with Swiss Higher Educational Institutions, so even if the internship takes place at an enterprise, company or any other body, a Swiss Host University has to be involved for the bureaucratic matters (mobility documents, grant payment, etc.).
- Fontys students wishing to get a scholarship for their internship/traineeship should contact the international relations Office of Fontys Partner University, Berner Fachhochschule. Contact them at email@example.com and mention you study at Fontys. Also tell them the expected duration of your internship and the location.
- The conditions are similar to the Erasmus+ programme. Scholarship rates are fixed amounts. You will get 440 CHF per month.