Tips from students for students
We, fellow students, know better than anyone what it is like to have to study in this day and age. That is why we have written down some tips for you, because in these times we have to be there for each other!
- Make sure you have a place in your house that becomes your workplace, so that you really associate this place with studying.
- Arrange a joint daily check-in with a number of fellow students. Then discuss with each other how you are doing and your personal goals for the day. At the end of the day you can also do a check-out.
- Apps can help you stay focused on your studies.
- Set yourself realistic personal goals per day and share them with a fellow student or a teacher if possible. At the end of the day, see what has worked and what has not. Set priorities and formulate new goals for the next day.
- Set yourself (preferably short) deadlines and communicate these with the teacher(s) in question, so that you are accountable to this/these teacher(s). This is especially important if there are no tests that you can see as a 'natural deadline'.
- Take the initiative in contact with lecturers and students and during the online lessons. This way, you will make the lessons lively and keep in touch with the lecturers and students.
- Pay attention to each other!
- Keep a close eye on the Fontys portal, training portal and your (Fontys)mailbox. Make sure that you remain well informed in this way. Is something not clear? Communicate and share this signal with a teacher from the programme that is accessible to you.
- Apps can help you stay focused on your studies
- Put things into perspective. Everyone is in this boat and a lot of beautiful new creative things are happening.