Renew and reserve
Update November 26:
Now the buildings are reopening, no fine will be charged until January 11 2021.
No fines were charged while the buildings were closed!
No fine calculation during closing due to Corona virus. From 12 March, no fine will be charged for late return of the books. The fine of books that had to be returned earlier does not increase from that date.
No fine will be charged for another week when the library is reopened.
Please note: your Student or Staff Number can be found under the barcode on your Fontys Card.
Please note: sometimes firewalls block this functionality; please disable your firewall temporarely if this happens.
Please note: online renewal is not (or is no longer) possible in the following situations:
- If a loan has already been renewed fifteen times (temporarily increased due to the corona-virus).
- If there is a fine of € 10,00 or more.
- If a reservation has been made for the item(s) in question.
- Your library card is blocked.
In such cases, please contact the Library from which you borrowed the item(s).
You can reserve items out on loan at the library desk or online.
Online reservation works as follows:
- Search the title in the catalogue
- Click "Borrowed" behind the item you want to borrow (a new screen is opened)
- Login with you Student or Staff Number and your password (first three letters of your surname)
- Select the location where you want to pick up the item
- Activate the reservation by clicking "Reserve". You see a notification that the reservation is saved
- Log out by clicking "Log out and close after use"
You can reserve/request library items that are only available at another Fontys Library via the Service Desk at your own Library. When the requested item has arrived, you will receive a message.