Fontys Library Regulations 2015
3. Loan regulations
3.5 Exceeding the loan period
4. Interlibrary loans
5. Borrower details
6. House rules
7. Concluding provisions
Appendix: Price list
- Audio-visual equipment: standard equipment being beamers, basic video and photographic equipment, voice recorders and tripods.
- Sound and image carrier: DVDs, CDs, Blu-rays, LPs.
- Course participant: a person with whom an agreement for enrolling in a course at Fontys University of Applied Sciences has been concluded based on the Course Participant Enrolment Conditions.
- External candidate: a person enrolled at Stichting Fontys as an external student as defined in Section 7.36 of the Dutch Higher Education Research Act (WHW).
- External party: a person who is not enrolled at Stichting Fontys as a student or external candidate, is not a course participant and is not employed by Stichting Fontys, or is a retiree.
- Fontys ID Card: student ID card (issued to students when enrolling); staff ID card (issued to employees when entering employment).
- Proof of identity: passport, driving licence or ID card.
- Materials: publications and audio-visual equipment.
- Staff: a lecturer or member of the teaching support staff at Stichting Fontys.
- Library card: card with a limited loan function for 'external' library visitors.
- Retiree: a retired Fontys employee.
- Publication: book, magazine, sheet music, and sound and image carriers.
- Student: a person enrolled as a student at Stichting Fontys as defined in Sections 7.32–7.34 WHW.
These regulations apply to all libraries at Fontys University of Applied Sciences.
The libraries are open to students, course participants, external candidates and Fontys University of Applied Sciences' staff. External parties (including alumni and retirees) are granted access upon presentation of a valid proof of identity.
3. Loan regulations
Students, external candidates and staff members of Fontys University of Applied Sciences may borrow material free of charge from the Fontys University of Applied Sciences' libraries upon presentation of a Fontys ID card. Fontys alumni, course participants and retirees can apply for a free library card upon presentation of a valid proof of identity. Other external parties can purchase a library card upon presentation of a valid proof of identity (see the appendix). The loan of audio-visual equipment is reserved for Fontys students and staff and is intended solely for education purposes. Students and staff of individual programmes have priority at the locations of their respective programmes. All Fontys University of Applied Sciences' students and staff may loan standard audio-visual equipment. Programme-specific audio-visual equipment is solely available on loan to students and staff of the relevant institute.
The following rules apply to borrowing material:
The standard loan period is four weeks. Sound and image carriers and sheet music form an exception with a loan period of one and six weeks, respectively. The loan period for a number of publications specified in the library catalogue is one week/one day or they may not be borrowed at all. Audio-visual equipment is available on loan in accordance with the relevant library's prevailing lending schedule. The borrower enters into a borrower's agreement.
A borrower may only take out no more than 15 publications. The quantity of audio-visual equipment is determined by agreement. The materials borrowed must be handed in to the library from which they were borrowed. A receipt will be issued on request.
The loan period for borrowed materials can be renewed free of charge, provided the materials have not been reserved by another borrower. The loan period may be renewed no more than twice. The loan period for audio-visual equipment may only be renewed in consultation with the relevant library.
Loaned publications can be reserved free of charge. Audio-visual equipment may only be reserved by students and staff of the programme(s) for whom the library has been set up. The reserved publication will remain available one week after the notification has been sent. The collection period for reserved audio-visual equipment is determined by agreement
3.5 Exceeding the loan period
A fine is incurred in the event the loan period is exceeded (see appendix). After three reminders the borrower will receive an invoice for the costs of replacing the material plus the fine. If the invoice is not paid, a debt collection agency will be engaged. The debt collection charges are for the borrower's account. The borrower may not borrow material until such time as the invoice has been paid, and/or the borrowed materials have been returned.
The borrower is liable for the material borrowed. The items must be returned in the same condition in which the borrower took receipt of them. Borrowed publications or audio-visual equipment may not be loaned to third parties. In the event of loss or damage, the costs of replacement will be charged in addition to a fine (see appendix). Should this situation occur, a specification of these costs will be provided.
4. Interlibrary loans (ILL)
4.1 Interlibrary loans within Fontys
Borrowers may request publications from collections of another Fontys library free of charge through their own library. If the publications are available in the same study location, the person making the request should collect them from and return them to that location. As soon as the publication is available, the person who has made the request will be notified accordingly.
4.2 Interlibrary loans outside Fontys
If a requested publication is not available in the collection of one of the Fontys libraries, a borrowing request can be submitted to external libraries The costs involved are for the account of the person making the request (see appendix). As soon as the library has received the publication, the person who has requested the publication will be notified accordingly.
5 Borrower details
Borrowers' details are not made available to third parties or otherwise disclosed in accordance with the Rules on the Privacy of the Processing of Personal particulars of Fontys students.
6 House rules
The Fontys House Regulations Regarding House Rules & Disciplinary Measures apply to the libraries and matters pertaining to these Library Regulations.
- All matters not provided for in these regulations will be decided by the relevant library manager. Students and external candidates may file a complaint against such a decision to the Executive Board in accordance with the procedure referred to in Article 47 of the Fontys Students' Charter. Other parties will be treated in line with the above procedure as far as possible.
- The Executive Board of Fontys University of Applied Sciences adopted these regulations on 9 June 2015, with the Central Participation Council granting its approval on 2 July 2015.
- The amounts stated in the appendix to these regulations (Price List) may be adjusted by the Executive Board in line with market developments following approval by the Central Participation Council.
- The regulations enter into force 1 August 2015.
Price list >>