Opening a bank account
Opening a bank account as an international student!
ING or other banks (see Download PDF)
ING offers exchange students the opportunity to open a Bank Account. So look for the orange ING logo in every (student) city. Our employees will be happy to help you, also when your native language is not Dutch.
ING easy two-step registration procedure:
1. Go to a local ING branch and provide the following three documents:
a) Your valid passport, of which a photocopy will be made.
b) A certificate of registration at your Dutch university/college. Acquire this at the international office or student administration office of your hosting university!
c) A completed application form to open the account (available at ING branches)
2. If your application is accepted, you will receive via regular mail separately:
a) Your debit card and a notification for your PIN code. With this notification you can collect your PIN code at the ING branch as stated in the letter.
Note: You may have to collect your debit card and password for Internet banking from a different ING office than the one you applied at.
b) Your username and a notification to collect your password for Mijn ING (Internet banking). at the ING branch as stated in the letter.
Terms and Conditions
- Only students of 18 years and older may apply.
- The student must reside in The Netherlands (proof of a Dutch address is necessary).
- Students must be enrolled at a Dutch University (research or applied sciences).
- For our complete terms and conditions please visit a ING branch.
Where to find the nearest ING branch?
To locate the nearest ING branch please visit:
Please check for more information on www.ing.nl.
Note: all information on www.ing.nl is in Dutch.
Should you have any comments or questions on theapplication procedure for an ING bank account, please contact your universities’ international office, or a local ING branch.