City hall registration
City hall/Town hall registration
The secretariat has arranged appointments for students who are going to live in the city of Eindhoven. Mind that the secretariat only made appointments for students who arranged their accommodation via Fontys. Students who arranged their own accommodation in Eindhoven or elsewhere need to make an appointment with the respective Town Hall themselves!
Detailed information will be given in August.
After registering the city hall will send you a 'proof of registration' document (uittreksel GBA) to your home address in Eindhoven. Your BSN number (Civil registration number) is stated on the summary of personal details which you will receive by post a number of weeks after your registration.
You might need this BSN number in case you want to open a Dutch bank account.
Please take the following documents with you:
- Valid passport or identity card
- Original birth certificate or original legalised true copy of the birth certificate.
If your birth certificate was not issued in Dutch, English, French or German, you will also need to submit a sworn translation.
- The letter of confirmation that your application for a residence permit has been approved by the immigration service (for non-EU/EEA students only).
- Students from Belgium, Aruba and the Dutch Antilles need to show a proof of deregistration from their home municipality.
- Your original rental contract.
Special instructions for Chinese students
Chinese students are required to bring the following documents in addition:
- Legalized notarized declaration which includes name, given names, date of birth, place of birth, name of father and name of mother and
- Notarized certified true copy of the document or documents on which the notary has based his statement regarding the birth and the data of the parents.
The documents that are accepted are:
- Hukou (= household registration used in China)) of the parents in which the birth of the child is registered.
- Declaration of the hospital which explicitly states that this statement can be used for the registration of the birth in the Hukou registry.
- A statement from the Public Security Bureau where the requested data prove out and
- Notarized certified copy of the updated and complete Hukou (*) of the child itself.
Please make sure you are there at the correct time and correct date!
5611 EM Eindhoven
Telephone number: 14 040
Town hall registration