How to apply
The application deadlines for Master Performing Public Space 2020/2021
Early Review Deadline: February 28, 2020
Non-EU nationalities: March 31, 2020
EU-nationalities: May 31, 2020
Your application process:
Students in this program will be selected on the basis of the quality of their proposals. Artists must hand in:
- a well-considered project plan
- a motivation letter
- a current Curriculum Vitae
- and an extensive vision on the value of art in public space.
- a portfolio documenting previous artwork (if applicable)
Follow the instructions below.
1. Admission requirements
- Prerequisite for admission is a Bachelor degree (preferably in the arts or in a related artistic practice).
- As the Master program is taught in English, students have to prove having sufficient command of the English language. Foreign students are required to prove English proficiency at IELTS level 6.0. After application, we will inform you if an English proficiency test is required in your case.
- Visa requirements (applies to Non-EU students only): master Performing Public Space is a blended program: partly distance learning (online) and partly on-site in the Netherlands. 2 weeks in October, 2 weeks in January, 2 weeks in May.
As a Non-EU student you have two visa options:
Option 1: STUDENT VISA: long-stay visa
If you want to move to the Netherlands for an entire year. In case you choose this option, Fontys will help you to apply for this visa.
Option 2: SCHENGEN VISA - Short stay Multi Entry
If you want to stay in your home country and only travel to the Netherlands for the on-site workshops (three times per year). You can arrange this yourself.
Please note the following EU visa regulations.
Do you have a question?
Additional short stay visa information for Non-EU students
- Apply for a Short-stay Schengen visa (90 days or less) Select "Multi Entry Visa" on application form.
- Apply for a visa (by first selecting your country).
2. Add new enrolment via Studielink
- Your enrolment for this Master’s program begins at www.studielink.nl. If you officially live in the Netherlands, you need a Digi-D to login. If you don’t have a Digi-D because you have a foreign address, you create your own account in Studielink (if you don't already have one).
- Once logged in to Studielink, complete or make sure your personal details are entered correctly (i.e. capital letters where required, according to your passport/ID card) and check or add your previous education.
- Go to your "to do list" or to "my study programmes" and select the option "Add New Enrolment" / Submit enrolment application.
- Select M Performing Public Space (Fontys University of Applied Sciences / HBO Master / Full-time). Choose the correct start date: September 1, 2020 and answer the supplementary questions and confirm.
3. Apply for an admission online
Two working days after the request for enrolment via Studielink, the Student Administration of FHK (firstname.lastname@example.org) will send you an email with a link to the admission form. NB: This is a different e-mail then the one you receive from email@example.com, stating your PCN number, password and studentnumber. You will need both emails. If you don't receive the mails, please check your spambox and add our address to your address book.
Via the admission form, artists can hand in a copy passport/ ID , highest obtained diploma and transcript/gradelist. The candidate must send a letter of application (motivation) via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org together with the following:
- Current CV/Resume
- Project plan to explore, develop and research (motivation for the project, vision on art in public space, conceptual research question and plan for realization)
- Portfolio including photo, video or audio material, reviews or feedback
- References and/or recommendations