As a prospective Bachelor's student you must have a diploma of higher secondary education that is equivalent to Dutch standards. In order to be admitted to Fontys University of Applied Sciences students must be eligible for higher education through a diploma of secondary education / high school diploma with good results. This means:
- For Dutch students: VWO-, HAVO- or MBO-diploma
- For German students: Fachabitur or Abitur (Fachhochschulreife or Allgemeine Hochschulreife)
- For students of other nationalities: senior high school diploma/ GCE or equivalent e.g. the British GCE A-levels or GCSE grades A, B or C, International Baccalaureate, the French Baccalaureat or the American High School (top stream or plus 1 year college)
Besides your diploma, please provide additional academic qualifications if available (especially in the fields of mathematics and economics). E.g. additional courses, workshops, projects, participation in competitions.
If you are a prospective Master’s student you must have a relevant Bachelor’s degree. In addition you need a certain level of English proficiency which is explained below.
For the English taught programmes, the minimum English language proficiency required is explained in the following table:
* only if the units 'Speaking and Writing' and 'Listening and Reading' have been passed succesfully.
The level of English proficiency must always meet the entry requirements for the chosen Fontys course. Fontys always reserves the right to require a language proficiency test for all categories of applicants.
Some applicants can be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test results:
- Candidates with a Dutch HAVO / VWO diploma
- EEA/EU candidates with the required previous education.
- Applicants whose previous education was English-taught, and taken in a country in which English is an official language
- Applicants whose mother tongue is English
|TEST||Bachelor's and Master's|