As a prospective bachelor’s student you must have a diploma of secondary education that is equivalent to Dutch standards. In order to be admitted to Fontys University of Applied Sciences students must be eligible for higher education through a diploma of secondary education / high school diploma with good results:
- For students with the Dutch nationality (with the Dutch secondary school diploma): MBO-4-, HAVO- or VWO-diploma with mathematics and physics..
- For students of other nationalities, who followed the British curriculum, the minimum requirements are:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma with mathematics and physics or
- General Certicificate of Secondary Education in 4 subjects with marks ranging from A-C, plus a General Certicificate of Education with 2 subjects at Advanced Subsidiary level (6 different subjects in total). Mathematics and physics. Must be taken at Advanced Subsidiary level.
- For students who are in posession of an International Baccalaureate diploma (with mathematics and physics): we accept both SL and HL results.
- For students with other secondary education/high school diplomas: As soon as your application is visible in Studielink we will contact you by e-mail and ask you to send us your documents for the diploma assessment.
For the English taught programmes, the minimum English language proficiency required is explained in the table below:
|IELTS||6.0 (academic level)|
|Cambridge ESOL||FCE-C (scale 169-172)|
Some applicants can be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test results:
- Applicants who have a Dutch MBO-4, HAVO- or VWO-diploma.
- Applicants who have a diploma of secondary education in a country listed in the diploma list drawn up on behalf of the associates of institutions of higher education, as published on the website of the Code of Conduct.
- Applicants who have followed at least two years of their previous education in English.
Fontys University will act according to the Code of Conduct.