As a prospective Bachelor's student you must have a higher secondary education diploma equivalent to Dutch standards. In order to be admitted to Fontys University of Applied Sciences students must be eligible for higher education through a diploma of secondary education / high school diploma with good results. This means:
- For Dutch students: vwo-, havo- or mbo-diploma.
- For German students: Fachabitur or Abitur (Fachhochschulreife or Allgemeine Hochschulreife).
- For students with other nationalities: senior high school diploma/ GCE or equivalent e.g. the British GCE A-levels or GCSE grades A, B or C, International Baccalaureate, the French Baccalaureat or the American High School (top stream or plus 1 year college).
- Besides your diploma, please provide additional academic qualifications if available (especially in the fields of mathematics and economics). E.g. additional courses, workshops, projects or participation in competitions.
For the English-taught programmes, the minimum English language proficiency required is explained in the following table:
- IELTS 6.0;
- TOEFL paper 550;
- TOEFL computer 213;
- TOEFL internet 80;
- TOEIC 670 Listening & reading, 160 speaking and 150 writing;
- Cambridge ESOL CAE-C.
The level of English proficiency must always meet the entry requirements for the chosen Fontys programme. Fontys always reserves the right to require a language proficiency test for all categories of applicants.
Some applicants can be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test results:
- Candidates with a Dutch havo/ vwo diploma.
- EEA/EU candidates with the required previous education.
- Applicants whose previous education was English-taught, and taken in a country in which English is an official language.
- Applicants whose mother tongue is English.