Application deadlines IB Venlo
|September intake||February intake|
|Non-EU/EER Students||15 June||15 November|
Apply via Studielink
- Go to https://student.sl-cloud.nl/ (i.e. Studielink)
- Create a Studielink account.
> If you live in the Netherlands, log in with your Digid (if necessary, apply for your account via DigiD.nl.
> If you (currently) live outside the Netherlands, choose “Create Studielink-account without DigiD”.
- Submit and confirm your official personal details as stated on your passports and diplomas.
- Choose a study programme of Fontys and confirm your application.
The required enrolment documents are:
- Certified copies of your original diploma and grade listing from your previous education (once you have graduated).
These must be copies of the original documents, in the original language. If these are not in Dutch, English, German or French, an official translation is required in addition to a copy of the document in the original language. You may submit a digital version of the diploma and grade list at the start of your application process. Please do note, that you must submit a hardcopy before the start of your studies in order to complete your enrolment.
- A copy of your passport or copies of both sides of your proof of identification card/document.
This document must be valid until at least 1st of September (September intake) or 1st of February (February intake)
A sufficient proof of English level. We accept the following certificates:
Test Bachelor and master IELTS 6 TOELF paper 550 TOEFL computer 213 TOEFL internet 79/80 TOEIC* 670 Cambridge ESOL CAE-C
* = Only if the units ‘Speaking & Writing’ and ‘Listening & Reading’ have been completed successfully. TOEIC = Test of English for International Communication, ESOL = English for Speakers of Other Languages
Based on the Code of Conduct regulations in the Netherlands, a number of European diplomas grant an exemption for this requirement.
For more information, including a list of exempted diplomas, please see here.
As soon as we have received your enrolment documents, we will start the diploma validation process in order to determine whether you are admissible for the IB study course in Venlo. This process may take a maximum of three weeks.
The result of the diploma validation will be issued to you via e-mail.
Visa and residence permit application
To enter the Netherlands for the purpose of studying, you may require a visa and/or a residence permit, depending on the following factors:
- Your nationality, i.e. as stated in your passport.
- The duration of your stay, i.e. for less or more than three months.
- The purpose of your stay, i.e. we assume that you intend coming to the Netherlands to study, or for a preparatory year.
Should you need to obtain a Dutch visa and/or a residence permit as part of your enrolment to Fontys, then this application will be stated by our administration once you have been confirmed as admissible for your chosen study programme.
The visa and residence permit application includes the following steps:
- Once you have been admitted to a study programme, you will receive a payment letter for the visa and tuition fee costs.
- After you have paid the fees, we will make an account for you on Visacare+, which is an online platform for the visa and residence permit applications.
- You are then required to upload a list of documents for your specific visa and residence permit application.
- Once all documents and uploaded and approved by Fontys, your application is sent to the IND (Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service) for validation.
- If the IND approves your application, then you may make an appointment for picking up your entry visa at your nearest Dutch embassy (if applicable).
- The residence permit will be issued to you at the start of your studies.
See here for more information about the Visa regulations.
Please note! If you are a holder of a residence permit of another country in the European Union and you will not reside in the Netherlands during your studies, then you may be exempted from the Dutch visa and residence permit requirement.
For the exemption, please submit a copy of your residence permit together with the enrolment documents.
- If you will apply for a Dutch visa and/or residence permit as part of your enrolment to Fontys, then the tuition fee payment is included in the visa process. You will receive a payment letter for both tuition fees and visa application costs.
- If you currently hold a European residence permit and will not have to apply for a Dutch visa and/or residence permit as part of your enrolment to Fontys, then you are required to arrange your tuition fee payment via Studielink To-Do list. Please see here for more information.
Please note, that as a non-EU/EER student, you will be subject tot he institutional tuition fee. This fee is in most cases not refundable. Please see paragraph 2.3 of the Enrolment Conditions for more information.
Am I fully enrolled?
Once you have fulfilled all enrolment requirements and you are fully enrolled, you will receive a proof of enrolment via e-mail. The proof of enrolment states the current study year, your study programme and general information about the content of the study course.
Please note: To register for this programme you have to select ‘B International Business’ in Studielink as the programme of your choice.