Admission requirements for IB Eindhoven
Diplomas and Certificates
As a prospective Bachelor's student you must have a diploma of higher secondary education that is equivalent to Dutch standards. This means:
For Dutch students:
- VWO-, HAVO- or MBO-diploma level 4. Students holding a HAVO diploma with profile “Cultuur + Maatschappij” have an additional subject requirement of either Mathematics, Economics or Business Economics.
For students of other nationalities:
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB programme)
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) and General Certificate of Education (GCE). Requirements: at least 6 different exam subjects in total, including English and Mathematics. Minimum for the examined subjects is 4 GCSE subjects with grades A*-C or 9-4 2 GCE subjects at AS Level with 2 relevant subjects with results A*-C 2 relevant subjects on GCE Advanced Level.
- Any equivalent education (to be compared by our institution)
Please note: as of 2020 there is an additional subject requirement of either Mathematics, Economics or Business Economics. Since every country has its own school system we will check your diploma once we have received it from you. In this way we can compare it to the required Dutch standards.
For the English taught programmes, the minimum English language proficiency required is explained in the following table. You must substantiate your level of English-language proficiency by submitting evidence in the form of a language test result pertaining to one of the below-mentioned courses.
|IELTS||Score of 6.0 or higher|
|TOEFL internet||Score of 80 or higher|
|Cambridge English||Score of 169 or higher|
Some applicants may be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test results:
- Applicants with a Dutch MBO-diploma level 4/ HAVO diploma / VWO diploma
- Applicants who have passed one of the secondary education exams (including English as part of the curriculum) as mentioned in the diploma list on the website of the code of conduct
- Applicants whose prior education was English-taught and who obtained a diploma in one of the following countries: Saint Martin, United Kingdom, United States of America, Australia, New-Zealand, Ireland and Canada (English speaking part only).
- Applicants with an International Baccalaureate Diploma.
- Applicants with a British General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) and General Certificate of Education (GCE).
All other applicants need to submit a proof of English proficiency by means of one of the mentioned certificates.