How to apply
- Virtual Open Day Information & Communication Technology
- Learning methods
- Bachelor ICT & Business
- Bachelor ICT & Infrastructure
- Bachelor ICT & Media Design
- Bachelor ICT & Software
- Accelerated Bachelor ICT & Software Engineering
- Bachelor ICT & Technology
- Students about this programme
- Excellent students tracks
- ICTalent Awards
- Admission requirements
- Final phase programmes
- How to apply
- Loan - Grant for EU-students
- Scholarships Non-EU students
- Tuition fees
- Fontys helps
- Practical Information
- Follow us on social media
- Why Fontys?
- Why study in Holland?
- Open days
- Recruitment Agencies
Application deadlines for February 2021 and September 2021 intakes:
|EU Students||February intake||September intake|
|If you want us to arrange accomodation||15 December||15 June|
|If you arrange accomodation yourself||15 January||15 August|
|Non-EU Students||15 November||15 May|
Start your online application!
- Log in to Studielink: www.studielink.nl. (For explanation of Studielink, please click here).
- Submit your personal details (please ensure that you enter exactly the same name(s) as in your identity card or passport).
- Add your previous or current education and answer the supplementary questions. Even students who don’t have their secondary high school diploma yet, can apply.
- Choose the correct study programme and the correct intake (February 2021 or September 2021).
- Fill out ICT - Fontys University of Applied Sciences - HBO Bachelor - Fulltime - English
- When asked, choose Course Based mode.
- Then select this card:
|Programme||B INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY fulltime|
|Type of study programme||HBO Bachelor|
|Educational institution||Fontys University of Applied Sciences|
|Start as||Both first-year and advanced-year student|
After your enrolment request has been sent, you will immediately receive a confirmation e-mail from Studielink.
Additional requirements for Accelerated bachelor programme ICT & Software Engineering.
For the accelerated bachelor programme ICT & Software Engineering, we have additional requirements.
- send your motivation letter to the programme manager through email
- after assessment of your documents, you will be informed whether you can be accepted for the programme or not*.
- if so, you need to prepare yourself for a Pre-Assessment, meaning you will have to do an online course of around 160 hours in workload.
- please click here to find out the learning objectives of the pre-assessment.
- in June/July/August 2021 you will be invited for an assessment interview including a test. When you will pass, you can start the accelarated 3 years bachelor programme ICT & Software Engineering.
* In case you do not fulfill the requirements of the pre-assessment you can consider to start the 3,5 years academic programme or you can choose for the regular 4 year ICT- bachelor programme.
The Eindhoven programmes in Information and Communication Technology cover the entire ICT domain: “Software Engineering”, “Business Informatics”, “Media design “, “Infrastructure” and “Technology”. Next to these 5 main study programmes students can choose extra graduation specialisations like ICT & Artificial Intelligence, ICT & Creative Technology, ICT & Cyber Security, ICT & Game Design and Technology, and ICT & Smart Mobile. When making your application for B-HBO-ICT it means that your first 12 weeks of education you do an orientation on all 5 main study programmes. After the first 12 weeks you choose for 1 of the main study programmes and before the beginning of your second year you choose one or more of the extra specialisations.
The English taught bachelor programme in ICT will be offered at Campus Eindhoven in the so-called Course based learning method. More information about our learning methods can be found here.
As a potential new student you have the opportunity to join our Study Choice Check. Even when you are sure you want to study in one of our ICT programmes it is always good to double-check whether this bachelor programme is your cup of tea. You will be invited to join this free test.
Finally the question about Top Sport Class is only applicable for you if you want to combine fulltime study activities with a top sport career.
Learning objectives pre-assessment
for accelerated bachelor programme ICT & Software Engineering only
- You demonstrate how to convert data into information in order to achieve a recommendation that will make an improvement for a process in an organisation.
- You demonstrate a self-developed, secured network environment with hosts and servers based on a specific application requirement (services).
- You are able to develop and implement interactive prototypes in an iterative process for the target users based on trends and developments.
- You develop and programme interactive embedded systems in which you use sensors and actuators and apply various I/O techniques.
- You develop software applications with attention for algorithmics and hereby demonstrate the skills of object-oriented programming.