Bachelor ICT & Technology
- Bachelor ICT & Business
- Bachelor ICT & Infrastructure
- Bachelor ICT & Media Design
- Bachelor ICT & Software
- Bachelor ICT & Technology
- Students about this programme
- Excellent students tracks
- ICTalent Awards
- Admission requirements
- Final phase programmes
- How to apply
- Loan - Grant for EU-students
- Scholarships Non-EU students
- Tuition fees
- Fontys helps
- Practical Information
- Follow us on social media
- Why Fontys?
- Why study in Holland?
- Open days
- Recruitment Agencies
If you look around you, software is everywhere. Nowadays you will find software almost everywhere. Within our Bachelor programme ICT & Technology we focus on writing software which has a direct or indirect impact on our lives, whether be it in the form of game consoles, smart phones, IoT, digital TV, the internet, in-car networks, planes, navigation or (factory) automation.
You will learn about the complete software lifecycle:
- Translate the requirements from future users into high level and detailed level software design
- Implement the software design with a programming language (e.g. in C#, C++)
- Test the code and write user manuals
- Advice all stakeholders about the best alternatives based on application oriented research
- We will train you to become an expert in embedded software development. This programme leads to the International Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in Information & Communication Technology (CROHO: HBO-ICT). With your knowledge you will be able to find a job very easily in a technology-oriented, international company in the Netherlands.
What will you do at ICT & Technology?
Subjects per semester ICT & Technology:
Find more details about the subjects: here.
Subjects per semester ICT & Technology
Semester Theme Content 1 Orientation Project: You will design and program a simple embedded system which interacts with your environment by means of sensors, actuators, motors and generic electronic hardware using microcontrollers like Arduino. Subjects: Introduction to imperative programming in C and C# Introduction to Embedded systems 2 Introduction to technical systems Project: You will present a solution to a traffic flow related problem Subjects: Embedded System programming in C Object oriented programming and design in C# Elementary electronics and measurement techniques 3 Embedded Distributed Systems Project: Build a distributed solution for a (real) customer that entails a realistic challenge (for example a maze solver) or build a solution for an industrial problem Subjects: OO Analysis and Design Programming in C++ Multithreaded (realtime) programming Industrial Automation Networking (distributed and IoT) 4 Specialisation Specialisation choice. 5 Internship Professional Internship: Work and study in an ICT company 6 Software Engineering Project: You will participate in an innovation oriented project for a customer. Subjects: Advanced Embedded Systems Software Design Patterns Software Project Management Model Driven Development 7 Minor graduation Minor choice. 8 Graduation assignment Graduation internship