Subjects per semester
- Bachelor ICT & Business
- Bachelor ICT & Infrastructure
- Bachelor ICT & Media Design
- Bachelor ICT & Software
- Bachelor ICT & Technology
- Students about this programme
- Excellent students tracks
- ICTalent Awards
- Admission requirements
- Final phase programmes
- How to apply
- Loan - Grant for EU-students
- Scholarships Non-EU students
- Tuition fees
- Fontys helps
- Practical Information
- Follow us on social media
- Why Fontys?
- Why study in Holland?
- Open days
- Recruitment Agencies
What will you do at ICT & Media Design
An indication of the programme you will be following is given below. However, please note that our projects are evolving continuously.
1st year of study
Semester 1: General introduction semester.
Semester 2: Talent Driven Innovation: you will learn to build a brand for a musical act and design and evelop suitable media products, e.g. websites visual designs, social media, video and stage visuals. Client: Rock Academy
2nd year of study
Semester 3: Technology driven innovation: you will learn to innovate with technology as a starting point. You will learn to experiment with different technologies and train yourslef as a media designer to create multiple different products for clients. Common subjects in this semester are: user interaction, data & data visualisation, storytelling, media installations.
- design a cool interactive way to select and view 10 - 20 videos in the form of a physical installation. Client: Night of the Nerds
- design an interactive light installation. Client: Glow Light Festival Eindhoven
Semester 4: Human Driven Innovation: you will learn to innovate with users as a starting point. Based on a briefing by a client you will develop an innovative, interactive media product. Partners in education, the lectorate "Interaction Design" and field experts provide actual and creative cases that you will work on during this semester.
- How can voedselbanken.nl (a Dutch foodbank) reach more needful people who qualify for foodbank but do not apply for it? Client: voedselbanken.nl
- Design an interactive sporting infrastructure for the city of Eindhoven. Client: The vitality living lab
3rd year of study
Semester 5: Internship: work and study in a media / IT company.
Semester 6: Society Driven Innovation: you will learn to design and develop solutions for actual societal problems or opportunities. You will create services or products based on user research, new technologies and/or societal trends. Research and development are key in this semester.
- How can we improve our non-hospital care with conversational interfaces? Client: Spaarne Gasthuis
- How can we use comedy to create public awareness for the perils of recent trends like deepfakes, identity theft.
- How can we stimulate our audience with help of comedy to think about new techniques, such as deepfakes, data leaks, identity theft. Client: Boom Chicago, Amsterdam
4th year of study
Semester 7: Minor.
Semester 8: Graduation. You will do this as a project in a company of your choice.
Glow Light Festival
Trees of Life and Circle of Life, 2 projects developed by our students.