Bachelor ICT & Media Design
- Bachelor ICT & Business
- Bachelor ICT & Infrastructure
- Bachelor ICT & Media Design
- Bachelor ICT & Software
- Bachelor ICT & Technology
- Students about this programme
- Excellent students tracks
- ICTalent Awards
- Admission requirements
- Final phase programmes
- How to apply
- Loan - Grant for EU-students
- Scholarships Non-EU students
- Tuition fees
- Fontys helps
- Practical Information
- Follow us on social media
- Why Fontys?
- Why study in Holland?
- Open days
- Recruitment Agencies
ICT & Media Design is about the design and development of the relation and interaction between humans and media technology. You’ll learn to communicate with users, customers, develop new concepts, create prototypes and UX/Visual designs.
What will you do at ICT & Media Design
1st year of study
In the first semester (20 weeks) is the same for all students ICT. This semester includes courses like fundamentals of ICT, project management, mathematics and programming in C# and professional orientations.
During the second semester you will learn to build a brand for a musical act and design and develop suitable media products, for instance websites, visual designs, social media, video, stage visuals. Client: Rock Academy
2nd year of study
The second year of study consists of two semesters with the following themes:
Semester 3: Technology driven innovation
In this semester you will learn to innovate with technology as a starting point. You will learn to experiment with different technologies and train yourself as a media designer to create multiple different products for clients. Common subjects in semester 3 are: user interaction, data & data visualisation, storytelling, media installations.
One example project was:
- design a cool interactive way to select and view 10 - 20 videos in the form of a physical installation. Client: Night of the Nerds 2019
- Design an interactive light installation for Glow Festival 2018 in Eindhoven. Aftermovie
Semester 4: Human Driven Innovation
In this semester you will learn to innovate with users as a starting point. Based on a briefing from a client you develop an innovative, interactive media product. Partners in education, the lectorate “Interaction Design” and experts from the field provide actual and creative cases that you will work on during this semester. Previous example projects are:
- How can we enhance the existing experience of a visit to a e-bike showroom with the help of digital? Client: Digitas
- Design an interactive sporting infrastructure for the city of Eindhoven. Client: The vitality living lab
You will do an internship of 20 weeks and a minor.
The fourth year consists of a final semester where you learn to start your own company (startup experience) and your graduation project. With your startup, you will solve an important social problem or opportunity. You will create a service or a product and define an identity for your company, the media campaign to launch your service or product and all media products to support the campaign. Research and development are key in this semester.
After this semester you are ready for your final project: graduation, which you will do in house at a company of your choice.