As a prospective Bachelor's student you must have a diploma of higher secondary education that is equivalent to Dutch standards.
- For Dutch students: VWO-, HAVO- or MBO 4-diploma (your diploma will be verified via Studielink).
Non-Dutch students: once admitted the audition you will be asked to send a certified copy of your original diploma and grades list of your high school diploma, so Fontys can evaluate these. Minimum level of foreign diploma’s:
- Belgium: Diploma van Secundair Onderwijs with a transcript (after 7 years BSO or after 6 years ASO/TSO/KSO).
- Germany: Fachhochschulreife or Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife.
- France: Baccalaureat
- Other nationalities: check if your diploma will be sufficient through this Nuffic website. NOTE: you do not need to apply for a diploma evaluation with Nuffic yourself. Fontys will arrange this and you will be informed about it. The diploma evaluation may take 2 weeks.
For the English-taught programmes of Fontys School of Fine and Performing Arts, the minimum English language proficiency required is as follows:
IELTS Academic 5.5
TOEFL Paper 525
TOEFL Computer 196
TOEFL Internet 70
TOEIC 620 (provided the student has passed ‘Speaking and writing’ and ‘Listening and Reading’ components)
Cambridge ESOL FCE-C
Some applicants may be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test results:
- Applicants who have a Dutch diploma of secondary education (at least HAVO/VWO/MBO-4)
- Applicants who have a diploma of secondary education in a country listed in the diploma list drawn up on behalf of the associates of institutions of higher education, as published on the website of the code of conduct
- Applicants who have followed two years of their previous education in English.
- Applicants who have adequate knowledge of the English language tested and approved during the intake.
When you apply on Studielink, you will get a message that says that the Academy has additional requirements (besides educational requirements).
This means that for every program at Fontys School of Fine and Performance Arts, you are required to participate in an entrance exam (audition) before you can be admitted.
Two working days after your application via Studielink, we will inform you about how to register for the entrance exam.