Why study in the Netherlands
5 reasons to study International Communication at Fontys in Eindhoven
1. Live in one of the smartest regions of the world. Eindhoven – Brainport – is Europe’s leading innovative top technology region and an internationally renowned centre of science, design and technology with Technical University, Design Academy and Fontys University of Applied Sciences.
2. Be part of an international community. Eindhoven has over 80 nationalities and a rich expat and international student community
3. Get plenty of international career opportunities. The Netherlands is the 18th largest economy in the world. Some of the world’s biggest multinationals, including Philips, Heineken, KLM, Shell, ING and Unilever are Dutch.
4. Get high quality education and value for money. The quality of Dutch institutions is recognized worldwide. The tuition fees and cost of living are considerably lower than in English-speaking countries.
5. Live in one of the safest and happiest countries in the world. The Netherlands is one of the safest countries in the world, according to the 2018 Global Peace Index and belongs to the top 10 of happiest countries in the world.
Study in the Netherlands / Eindhoven
The Netherlands is a country in western Europe with a multicultural population of approximately 17 million people. It has a rich history in international trade, education, art, literature, design and sciences. This tiny country is famous for the great Dutch Masters, painters like Rembrandt and Van Gogh. They transformed the world around them just like today’s Masters: designers, concept developers, futurists.
The Dutch creative industry of the 21st century is growing rapidly and plays a leading role in strengthening the innovative capacity of the country. The Netherlands strives to be the most creative economy in Europe by 2020.
Brainport is a leading technology region in Europe. Located in the Southeast Netherlands, with Eindhoven at its heart. This top technology region of world standing creates solutions for the societal challenges of tomorrow.
Students can enjoy student life. They quickly find their favorite bars/pubs, restaurants and other meeting places. Catching a movie, enjoying the night life, a pop concert, visiting museums or going to the theatre: Eindhoven offers a great number of possibilities.
Why study at Fontys?
“The Fontys way of studying” is likely different from studying in your home country. We expect students to not merely study from books, but we expect them to look for solutions to problems themselves. This also means that lectures expect you to actively participate during discussions. Moreover, you’ll need to write reports, solve problems in groups, conduct research and learn how to present solutions.
This could mean that you have to adapt to the local culture, as this might be different than what you are used to. Our approach does require some responsibility and initiative from your side.
Nevertheless, in the end you’ll see that this approach prepares you very well for the job market after your study.