What to have on hand upon your arrival in the Netherlands:
- Your passport, including a ‘Machtiging tot Voorlopig Verblijf’, or ‘MVV’ (an ‘Authorisation for Temporary Stay’) if you are a student hailing from a country for which an Entry Visa is required.
- Sufficient funds for the expenses that you will incur during the first month of your stay. You will need to take into account payment for your accommodation (including a security bond) and your general living expenses.
- Written confirmation of your enrolment at Fontys.
- Proof of (medical) insurance cover.
- Important addresses and telephone numbers (e.g. contact numbers for Fontys, your accommodation, your country’s embassy, et cetera).
- Fontys Holiday Calender 2019-2020
The following suggestions are for items that may be useful upon your arrival in Holland. Of course, these will vary depending upon your personal needs:
- Basic clothing and personal items (don’t forget a raincoat and an umbrella)
- Instructions to locate your country’s embassy/consulate
- Passport photos (5 to 10 photos should be sufficient, measuring 35 mm wide x 45 mm high
- Medical records
- Information about opening a Dutch bank account you will find here