As a prospective Bachelor's student you must have a diploma of higher secondary education that is equivalent to Dutch standards.
In order to be admitted, students must be eligible for higher education through a diploma of secondary education / high school diploma with good results.
- For Dutch students: VWO-, HAVO- or MBO 4-diploma
- For German students: Fachabitur or Abitur (Fachhochschulreife or Allgemeine Hochschulreife)
- For students of other nationalities: senior high school diploma/ GCE or equivalent e.g. the British GCE A-levels or GCSE grades A, B or C, the French Baccalaureat or the American High School (top stream or plus 1 year college).
Talented prospective students with a different education have to take a test to prove capability of studying at a higher professional education level.
Prospective students have to apply for an audition. The purpose of this examination is to select the most talented students, who at the same time are most likely to meet the requirements of the education and the requirements of the profession.
Auditions: 25, 26 and 27 May 2020
The audition consists of two rounds. The first round lasts 1-2 days and consists of the following activities:
- Individual act - The candidates present an individual performance in front of an audience. The presentation can be 3 minutes long and includes at least one circus technique.
- Physical test - Strength, flexibility and stamina of the candidates are tested.
- Acrobatic test
Success in the first round admits the candidate to the second round that contains classes in circus, theatre and dance and an individual motivation talk.
The program of Fontys Academy for Circus and Performance Art is in English and a minimum English language proficiency is required. The English language proficiency must be proved by submitting an IELTS (minimum score 5,5) or TOEFL test result (minimum score TOEFL 525 / TOEFL comp 196 / TOEFL internet 70 / TOEIC 620 / Cambridge ESOL FCE-C). Students who cannot submit one of these tests will have to do a language test (interview with Head of Studies during the audition).