Fontys Technology and Business bachelors (FTB)
- Fontys Technology and Business bachelors (FTB)
- Students about this programme
- Excellent students tracks
- ICTalent Awards
- Admission requirements
- Final phase programmes
- How to apply
- Loan - Grant for EU-students
- Scholarships Non-EU students
- Tuition fees
- Student facilities
- Practical Information
- Why Fontys?
- Why study in Holland?
- Open days
- Recruitment Agencies
Study in the Netherlands: Eindhoven (Brainport Region)
Under the umbrella of Fontys Technology and Business bachelors (FTB) the following completely English taught bachelor programs will be offered:
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Industrial Engineering & Management
- Information & Communication Technology
- Bachelor ICT & Business
- Bachelor ICT & Software Engineering
- Bachelor ICT & Technology
- Bachelor ICT&Media Design
- Mechanical Engineering
All FTB programs are officially accredited and quality-based bachelor programs. Being a student in one of these programs means that you live and study in one of the most promising, fast developing high tech region of Europe: Brainport Region. This region has a unique environment in the Netherlands and is a breeding ground for innovation and home to world-class business, universities and research institutes. Link Brainport Region.
Are you fascinated by technology and innovation or business? Are you looking for an outstanding study or career opportunity in the Netherlands? If so, you should consider Brainport Region in the Southeast of the Netherlands. It could be one of the smartest moves you make.
For more information about the programs visit our websites:
FTB programs have a clear and transparent structure with about 20 lectures per educational week. Students are placed in year groups which do not change and learning modules are given by qualified teachers. Each student will receive support and advice from a personal Study Counsellor. As an international student you will develop excellent skills in the chosen study field and you will develop your abilities to interact effectively with people from other cultures and countries. All this will qualify you to stand an international career in Engineering or ICT in the Brainport Region. See link for the options.
The Bachelor-Master structure
The FTB Bachelor programs at Fontys University of Applied Sciences are practical-based university programmes. Over a period of four years, you develop excellent professional skills and acquire the knowledge you need for your future profession. After obtaining your degree, you may bear the title bachelor of science (Bsc). The majority of graduated bachelors join the labour market especially in the Brainport Region, but further study in a master program - either in the Netherlands or abroad – is another possibility.
Why study at Fontys Technology and Business bachelors (FTB)?
- South-East of the Netherlands is internationally known as Brainport Region a centre of science and technology. More information about Brainport Region is available on www.intelligentcommunity.org
- Eindhoven is the fifth largest city in The Netherlands. There are good transportation facilities by car, train and plane. Venlo is a city located very near to the German border.
- Eindhoven has pleasant, friendly streets, beautiful parks, a lively and attractive centre and cultural and sporting activities of international standing
- Fontys Eindhoven offers its students a lot of sports facilities like swimming, fitness, squash etc. You can become a member at the University of Technology (TU/e) Sports campus for a student friendly fee
- Fontys Eindhoven campus is equipped with computer rooms, library and a student restaurant Wireless internet is available throughout the campus, enabling you to bring your laptop and work, study, search for information and check your email wherever you want
- Fontys will help you finding a place to live. Most of the international students live in a house together with other students, a so called ‘student house’. You rent your own room in the student house. Usually, you share a kitchen and a bathroom together with other students.
- The Fontys Students’ Associations INNOVUM and PROXY gives international students at Fontys important first-hand information about the dynamic organisation that Fontys is. The goal of the Students’ Associations is ensuring the social well-being and rights of the international students