- Fontys Technology and Business bachelors (FTB)
- Students about this programme
- Excellent students tracks
- ICTalent Awards
- Admission requirements
- Final phase programmes
- How to apply
- Loan - Grant for EU-students
- Scholarships Non-EU students
- Tuition fees
- Student facilities
- Practical Information
- Why Fontys?
- Why study in Holland?
- Open days
- Recruitment Agencies
As a prospective Bachelor's student you must have a diploma of higher secondary education that is equivalent to Dutch standards. In order to be admitted to Fontys University of Applied Sciences students must be eligible for higher education through a diploma of secondary education / high school diploma with good results. This means:
- For Dutch students: VWO-, HAVO- or MBO-diploma with mathematics
- For students of other nationalities: senior high school diploma/ GCE or equivalent e.g. the British GCE A-levels or GCSE grades A, B or C. Requirements: at least 6 exam subjects. Minimum for the examinee subjects is 4 GCSE subjects with grades A*, A, B or C and 2 GCE subjects at A/S Level (no specific grade required). A/S Level means advanced subsidiary level (previously advanced supplementary level). Mathematics must be taken at GCE level AND part of examinee subjects.
- For students with international Baccalaureate, the French Baccalaureat or the American High School
- For students with other secondary education/high school diplomas please send us via Studielink.nl your documents for diploma assessment.
- For international students who didn’t follow their secondary school in the English language: IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 550 score is required. Click here for more information.
- Fontys University will act according to the Code of Conduct.
For the English taught programmes, the minimum English language proficiency required is explained in the table below and/or in the document above.
Some applicants can be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test results:
- Candidates with a Dutch HAVO / VWO diploma.
- EEA/EU candidates with the required previous education.
- Applicants whose previous education was English-taught, and taken in a country in which English is an official language.
- Applicants whose mother tongue is English.