Performing Public Space is committed to understanding how cultural developments can produce meaningful change within our shared spaces, based on the idea that public space exists only when it is socially performed. In a time in which political and social structures are re-considered heavily, PPS offers a flexible and innovative environment to artistically question, redefine and reclaim public space in its broadest sense. Combining an interdisciplinary range of approaches and subjects, with an equally diverse range of research methods, PPS creates the opportunity for artists to explore their practice and its potential in public space. Creatives with a background in theatre, dance, circus, music, fine arts, architecture, digital arts and graphic design are welcome to join this program.
Why this study?
- International art and research community
- Individual coaching and collective experimentation
- 24/7 access to the online learning platform
- Work in an interdisciplinary setting
- Strengthen critical and artistic positioning
- Research new creative possibilities in public space
What will you learn?
A primary goal of the program is to enable students to adopt an independent and critical reflective attitude while inventively switching between different roles in the organizational process of their research. PPS offers its students the necessary tools to perform critically and effectively as artists and researchers, able to navigate complex modes and methods surroundings the contemporary artistic process and result.
- you acquire the skills needed to conduct artistic research
- you develop well-grounded artistic strategies
- you gain a stronger awareness of and position in the sociopolitical context