About the programme
Together with lecturers, fellow students and company managers, you discover what you need to know to develop a deep understanding of the people, organisation, technical know-how and economic principles on which companies depend. You’ll gain experience through working on projects at real companies. From the very first moment of your student career, you start building your CV with relevant practice. And unlike many other industrial engineering programmes, we offer not only theoretical insight but also practical skills to be successful as an entrepreneur. After 4 years, you’ll be ready to help and progress companies anywhere in the world!
Why study Industrial Engineering and Management?
- Emphasis on personal development and coaching;
- A varied programme with a focus on people, organisations, economics and technology;
- A study programme in the heart of the Brainport Region, surrounded by large international companies;
- Many of our lecturers work or have work experience in companies;
- Many students already find a job during their graduation period;
- After completing this programme you will start with the highest gross starting salary, as research shows.
What will you learn?
We offer you not only theoretical knowhow (see chapter ‘Courses’) but also practical skills to be successful. Together with your lecturers, peers and managers of external companies, you discover what you need to know and how you will be able to gain a deep understanding of your talents. Other than field specific aspects we will teach you practical 21st century skills that are important in an industrial engineering career. Such as:
- Communication and Presentation
- Critical Thinking and Reasoning
- Examination and Inquiry
What does a typical study week look like?
Studying is working and as long as it is varied, that's okay.
- One minute you are following a lecture on operations management;
- The next time you go to a company to improve the throughput of a production process;
- During an expert meeting with our teachers you will receive feedback and feed forward on your assignment;
- Together with your fellow students you present to the company how this process can be done faster and more efficiently;
- After a week of hard work, you celebrate the good results with your project members, fellow students.
You will be studying about 40 hours a week:
- 20 contact hours with lecturers
- 12 hours of projects / practice
- 8 hours of self study
Curious about our teachers? Meet our teacher team.