About Finance & Control
You’ll follow a well-founded, practice-oriented study programme with a focus on strategic company tasks. Business management knowledge from the core areas of controlling, finance, accounting, data analytics, risk management and strategic management enable you to master fundamental questions and challenges of corporate management and control. Knowledge from relevant areas such as marketing and human resource management, as well as developing relevant soft skills and learning foreign languages, complete your general management profile and allow you to master future management tasks.
The business studies programme thus prepares you for a variety of positions, so that you’ll be a perfect fit for a career in national and international corporations, investment agencies, auditing firms or management consultancies.
Why this study in the Netherlands?
- Well-rounded business management training
- Preparation for current topics and challenges of modern business management
- Awarded the 3rd best degree programme nationwide in the Dutch Keuzegids university ranking
- Project-based learning: projects take place either on the basis of practice-oriented problems or in cooperation with companies
- 2 integrated internships (approx. 6 months each)
- Small courses of max. 30 students and personal supervision
- Flexible orientation and focus through various elective courses in the 2nd year of study
- Optional semester abroad at one of more than 125 partner universities worldwide
- High starting salary compared to other study programmes (10th on ranking)
What are you going to learn?
- Understanding business management challenges and making decisions for sustainable corporate management and corporate control.
- Theories, methods and instruments in the core areas of controlling, finance, data analytics, accounting, risk management and strategic management.
- Knowledge of relevant areas such as marketing and human resource management, as well as relevant soft skills and foreign languages.
- Developing strategies and business models with which companies can differentiate themselves from the competition.
- Using existing resources in a target-oriented way to achieve the company’s goals regarding value, risk and sustainability.
- Developing problem-solving skills through a combination of theory and practice in a hybrid learning environment.