Mission and ambitions
The research group has developed a strategy map, defining mission, goals, value propositions for involved stakeholders and the main activities of our group. Our mission is to increase the innovative performance of (small) enterprises with services. Our research group aims to be a recognized institute for applied research and education on business services innovation. To achieve this ambition, we defined the following goals:
- Create and co-create value with services together with SMEs
- Stimulate service orientation in Fontys' educational programs
- Create a business services field lab for students
- Be entrepeneurial through sustainable funding & revenues
- Become an attraction for students to come to Fontys
The main categories of our activities are development, research, education and assignments. The activities within the category ‘development’ comprise co-creation activities with students, lecturers and professional practitioners (from SMEs).
- In 2017, we organize ten network meetings with SMEs, lecturers and students where we present a topic on servitisation, proposals and results of assignments.
- In 2017, we initiate the development of public private partnerships on valorisation and business incubation within the framework of Kennis-As and Brightlands campuses.
- In 2017, the research group will develop a research program on Business Services Innovation providing a framework for research and assignments.
- In 2017, we recruit two full time PhD researchers and start the research activities on business administration in SMEs and value chains in regional economics.
- In 2017, we analyse (together with lecturers) the learning arrangements of bachelor programs and develop new Business Services Innovation perspectives.
- In 2017, we develop a curriculum for a Business Services Innovation Minor for both Fontys students and external participants from SMEs.
- In 2017, the research group conducts assignments for at least four SMEs in the region. Students and lecturers will be recruited to execute these assignments with support and supervision of our research group.